Monday, June 1, 2026

In the Lane of My Choice

Have you ever woke up and realized you have no idea what you have been doing for the last while? Last week was like that for me. 

I did stuff. I walked around talking and eating and doing normal stuff, but today as I have been going through my notes from last week I am realizing there are so many mistakes! It's very concerning as I have memories of "doing things right" throughout the week.

The mistakes are mostly small like, a date or time wrong on my calendar, a plant almost dead that I was sure I watered when I watered all the others, and then there are the notes that make no sense. I obviously thought I would know what "bollocks" would mean on my to do list when I wrote it.

Today I'm questioning my sanity from last week and wondering what other things I am missing about that time frame. The only thing I can do at this point is start here, where I am now and hope I can get to all my appointments this week...on time.

The coolest thing about this, I get to decide how I will internalize my relationship with last week even though it wasn't what I thought it was. I am noticing the mistakes I made, acknowledging that it was me that made them, and now I get to decide what to do about them.

No big production, no spiraling into oblivion about what a failure I am because I almost missed the next two weeks of wrongly entered activities. And the best part, I get to fix them today.

Thank you! (Not sure who I am thanking but...) I am grateful I get to correct those mistakes and make my life a little bit better...

                   

                        ...because I can now choose to create my life in the lane of my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment