Tuesday, March 10, 2026

Building My Own Strength

{Spoiler alert!! I talk about my belief in God in this one.} 

Someone once told me that God carries them through life. Why would you want that?

Don't get me wrong...I feel God cares enough to help us and I do feel we definitely need his help often.  He knows this! However, I absolutely don't think it is in our best interest that he carries us through life! If our sole means for how we process through our difficulties comes from someone else outside us, where is our personal learning, our personal growth? 

I'm not saying we don't put him first in our lives or that we don't focus on him, I'm saying we need this lifetime to process our experiences and if we repeatedly decide they are too hard to live through, we will never "live" through it, we will stagnate.

Our experiences are unique to us, everyone of us! They are what gives us strength to endure what happens in our lives. God, as I believe, would never take that away from us even as he helps us through them at the times they get too hard for us to simply endure.

In fact, I believe he loves us so much that he lets us live our lives, lets us make choices that either empower or lessen our lives. But we tend to be the ones who make the choices that cause the most damage and bring the most difficulties.

Most of what we experience are consequences from our own choices. That very idea is so empowering because it gives us the ability to change our choices and change our circumstances and God would never take that ability from us by always carrying us at the times when we actually have the capacity to experience something that will change us the most. He gives us the opportunity to decide to change...or not.

 He gives us "just enough" strength, so we can 

No comments:

Post a Comment