Tuesday, February 11, 2025

But I don't like lemonade

    It is a metaphor, I get it, but I have never liked when someone ignored my concerns by telling me I should think more positive, and besides, I don't want to make lemonade! As a kid I felt that I needed to learn to think like everyone else instead of learning and accepting my own thinking. If I didn't think like them, I didn't fit in with them.

    As an adult, yes I've learned to think for myself AND I've learned that by doing so connects me to others who think like me...or at least similar. What I am still figuring out is that I don't have to belong to any one group of people. I can connect with many groups and many different people and still accept my own thoughts.

    It goes without saying, that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...no, that's not the one. Oh, a rolling stone gathers no moss. No, that's not it either. Maybe, actions speak louder than words? Alright, whatever it is, it is great but I never seem to remember it. I never seem to have the exact words I want at the time I'm looking for them. I think of the perfect phrase, sentence, concept...days later and then it's obviously too late. 

    Coming to terms with that has made it, at least for me, much more comfortable to "fit in" with whatever group I find I'm in and see the value we all have simply being with each other for a bit. Maybe I don't like lemonade but I don't have to like it to make it to offer someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment